Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Take 5 with ... "Remake"

Chris Tomkins
As we gear up for the 10th anniversary Oxford Film Festival, we wanted to introduce you to the filmmakers and their films you will experience on Feb. 21-24, 2013. Meet Chris Tomkins, writer and director of "Remake."

#1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it.
Two house burglars discover the biggest DVD collection ever and get into a heated film-geek argument about which movies are worth stealing.



#2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?
After coming off an epic short that took 18 months (on and off) to make, we discovered you can actually create a good short film in only a few weeks. The best part was working with a bunch of talented, unpretentious people with similar senses of humour, so the whole process was just a lot of fun and never stressful.

#3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?
I would say that movie making is in my blood. By which I mean, I literally cooked and ate Syd Field’s "Screenplay" in the hope it would make me a better writer.

#4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?
I’d like "Remake" to be discovered by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost and remade into a feature-length film that goes on to win an Oscar and a BAFTA. Then we’d all become best friends and hang out together all the time and have a few laughs. Oh, how we'd laugh...

#5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?
"Remake" was my first film as writer/director and I'd like to try that again. Then maybe I'll try some other combination like producer/caterer or actor/boom-swinger. I like to mix it up.

No comments: