Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Take 5 with "On the Porch with T-Model Ford"

As we gear up for the Oxford Film Festival 2012 to be held at the Malco Studio Theater on Feb. 9-12, 2012 and also at the Lyric Theater on Saturday, Feb. 11 as part of the Oxford Music Festival line-up where we will show music films, videos and a panel on music + film, we thought we might introduce you to some of the people behind the movies we can't wait to show you. For the full schedule and description of the films, visit www.oxfordfilmfest.com.


Meet Take 5 filmmaker, Tyler Keith, director of “On Porch with T-Model Ford”

Q. 1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it.

A: 1. My movie is a short piece on T Model Ford featuring an interview, photography and his music. T Model tells his story in a few short minutes, but even in that short time his story is riveting. This film is just a taste of his hard and unique life.  He's the last of a breed.

Q. 2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

A: . I learned to listen. Let people talk.  That being said the best part about making the film was getting to listen to T Model.

Q. 3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

A:  I have been interested in film since High School, and I took some cinematography classes and made a few film in college. I really got a chance to explore documentary film making in the Southern Studies graduate program at the University of Mississippi. There I learn interviewing and documentary field work and how to use my eye to put together a story.  I made three documentary films in grad school and am working on new projects right now.
Q. 4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?

A:  I haven't thought much about distribution of my film.  I plan to feature it on my Vimeo page and Youtube. I have had some communications with some folks at the Documentary Channel.

Q. 5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?

A: I hope people will see this move and enjoy it.  I want people that don't already know about T Model to descover him and learn something about his life. Most people these days, despite the constant crying, have never really experienced real hard times. At the moment I am editing a feature length documentary on Oxford and Lafayette County Gospel music called "Jesus is my Rock".

No comments: