Friday, February 04, 2011

Take 5 with "Robert Box - Perfect in the Kitchen"

As we gear up for the Oxford Film Festival 2011 to be held at the Malco Studio Theater on Feb. 10-13, 2011, we thought we might introduce you to some of the people behind the movies we can't wait to show you.

Meet Take 5 filmmaker, James Reford, director of "Robert Box- Perfect in the Kitchen."
For the full schedule and description of the films, visit
www.oxfordfilmfest.com.

Q. 1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it.

A: t’s not about food. It’s about a man who paints images of food to convey the feelings of comfort and nostalgia. Things to which people can relate.

Q. 2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

A: Biggest lesson? Where do I begin? The whole thing was a learning experience. If I had to pick one it would be that the finished film was nothing like the one that I had envisioned in my head when the project began.

The best part? The feeling of satisfaction and completion. Getting a finished film out there after saying that I had wanted to make one. Now getting myself out there and meeting other filmmakers is certainly an added bonus.


Q. 3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

A: This is my first film. Other than the odd vacation video. I have no experience behind the camera. I had taken some screenwriting and theory courses in college. There was nothing that gave me any sort of hands on film making experience.

Q. 4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?

A: As we’re talking 'dream distribution plan' obviously it is one that leads to fame fortune and huge amounts of public adulation.

Actually the film has already surpassed my initial expectations. My goal was to make a finished film. Playing in a number of festivals is not something that I had anticipated. But it is certainly something for which I am very pleased and grateful.


Q. 5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?

A: 
Still working at getting the film into various festivals.

I’m currently working on my next project. I want to build on the experience I have gained. Moving into slightly large and more complex films. Perhaps a film large enough to require a second crew member!

No comments: