Monday, January 18, 2010

Take 5 with "Now or Never"



The 7th annual Oxford Film Festival is getting closer every day. Before we kick off another fun-packed festival, we thought we would take five with filmmakers and get to know them just a little better.

Director Angie Hill worked with Oxford, Mississippi producer Carlisle Forrester to create her short film, "Now or Never," which screens Saturday, Feb. 6 at 5 p.m.

OFF: In 10 words, describe your movie and why someone should see it.

AH: A provocative short film about an engagement party gone wrong.

OFF: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

AH: I loved reaffirming that anything is possible in Los Angeles. In our sunny city if you have a dream and put enough elbow grease and heart behind it, people will come together to help you see it through.

OFF: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

AH: My roots in film making stem from being in front of the camera as an actor. I've caught the acting bug while studying at the University of Washington. I stretched my directing wings out at the Met Theater where wrote and directed my first play "Well-Bred" in 2007. "Now or Never" is my directoral debut in film.

OFF: What’s your dream distribution plan for the film?

AH: I would be honored if our film had some good air time on great independent film channels like IFC or Sundance, of course. I would love to package NON with a few other great short films for international DVD distribution.

OFF: What’s the future hold in store for your film and for you?

AH: We have a some lovely cities to visit on the festival circuit, like Oxford! You might see Now or Never as a feature in 2011...

No comments: