Sunday, January 10, 2010

Getting to Know You with Shannon Lovejoy



Without volunteers, a film festival would not have a chance at being successful. As we gear up for the 7th annual Oxford Film Festival, we thought we would welcome you to some of our film fest family, the volunteers that return every year and some new faces. Welcome Shannon Lovejoy.

Q: Tell us a little about who you are?

A: I'm the office manager at Preusser Research Group which means I wear many hats - one for each personality. It's hard to say which one I am right now but I think I'm just being my usual fabulous self.

Q: How many years have you volunteered with the festival?

A: This is my first so I suppose that makes me a festival volunteer virgin?

Q: What prompted you to get involved with the festival?

A: I think Michelle and Melanie are pretty groovy and I wanted to be like them. (OFF Note: Michelle Emanuel is co-director of the fest and Melanie Addington is, well, the one posting this.)

Q: In what areas of the festival do you volunteer?

A: I haven't been told yet this year.

Q: Favorite experience or memory of previous festivals?

A: Attending last year's. Also, seeing a bunch of people at City Grocery with lanyards and remembering that I wanted one.

Q: What have been some of your favorite movies in previous festivals?

A: Prom Night in Mississippi (OFF Note: Prom Night screened in Oxford in 2008)

No comments: