Thursday, December 29, 2011

Take 5 with "Entanglement"

Renae Radford, director

As we gear up for the Oxford Film Festival 2012 to be held at the Malco Studio Theater on Feb. 9-12, 2012 and also at the Lyric Theater on Saturday, Feb. 11 as part of the Oxford Music Festival line-up where we will show music films, videos and a panel on music + film, we thought we might introduce you to some of the people behind the movies we can't wait to show you. For the full schedule and description of the films, visit www.oxfordfilmfest.com.

Meet Take 5 filmmaker, Renae Radford, director of “Entanglement.”


Q. 1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it.
A: My film has a unique visual interpretation on the emotions that relationships can elicit and the journey that we embark upon when experiencing them. Anyone that is interested in something unique and that enjoys music and animation should come and see the film.

Q. 2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?
A: The biggest lesson I learned while making the film is that animation takes a long time to create! The best part of getting it made is being able to send it to festivals and share it with other people.


Q. 3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?
A: I graduated from Bradley University in 2006 with a BA in Multimedia. After undergrad I continued my studies at the University of Southern California in their Animation and Digital Arts MFA program which I graduated from in 2009. Since the beginning I've been creating movies and animation and have had many years of experience completing these types of projects. I currently work for Dreamworks Animation as the modeling and surfacing coordinator for the feature animated film "Rise of the Guardians" which is currently in production. I love working on short independent animation films that are my own and collaborating with incredibly talented people to work on larger animated feature films.


Q. 4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?
A: Right now all I hope is that my film continues to play on the short film festival circuit. If one of the independent film cable channels are interested in distributing my film on their channels I'd be interested in that opportunity too. 

Q. 5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?
A: I'm not sure what my future holds or what the future of my film is. I hope my film continues getting picked up by other festivals and that I'm able to get some exposure for my work in that maybe someone will be interested in hiring me or collaborating with me so that I can continue to work in this medium.





No comments: