Sunday, February 06, 2011

Take 5 with "Monster Hunt with James and Kevin"

As we gear up for the Oxford Film Festival 2011 to be held at the Malco Studio Theater on Feb. 10-13, 2011, we thought we might introduce you to some of the people behind the movies we can't wait to show you.

Meet Take 5 filmmaker, Stacey Shirley, director of "Monster Hunt with Kevin and James."
For the full schedule and description of the films, visit www.oxfordfilmfest.com.

Q. 1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it.

A: It's like reality TV but with more blood.
Q. 2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

A: Lesson: I'm a producer, not a director.

Best part: I won a bet. I bet my friend that I would direct a short by the end of 2010.

Q. 3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

A: Producer of several Birmingham, AL shorts and 2 feature-length horror films.
Q. 4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?

A: To post it on my blog. (I like to think big.)
Q. 5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?

A: Maybe turn it into a web series, if I can find time. And the actors agree to another Monster Hunt.

Next project is helping with a feature horror film that a friend is directing.

No comments: