Monday, January 25, 2010

Take 5 with "Split Second Splat"


The 7th annual Oxford Film Festival is getting closer every day. Before we kick off another fun-packed festival, we thought we would take five with filmmakers and get to know them just a little better.

Chris Stacy, director of "Split Second Splat" shares with us a bit about his film that screens Friday, Feb. 5 at 10 a.m. and Saturday, Feb. 6 at 4:30 p.m. with Animated Shorts Block. 



OFF: In 10 words, describe your movie and why someone should see it.


CS: A new game, 5 contestants, 1 parachute................. Who survives?

OFF: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting
the film made?



CS:My biggest lesson learned in making my film, was how to keep my composure through 8 months of animating...... and how to keep my goal in mind when I'm water coloring over 3,000 frames. The best part about getting the film made was my self satisfaction, completing my Degree Project at school in order to graduate, and representing Massachusetts Collage of Art at Film Festivals.

OFF: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?



CS: I'm a senior at MassArt. Double-Majoring in Animation and Illustration. I love to draw, fell into animation at school........ and now I love animation.

OFF:  What's your dream distribution plan for the film?



CS: My dream distribution for the film, is to get into as many good film festivals as possible, sign a big budget movie deal, and to start working on the feature version of "Split Second Splat."

OFF: What's the future hold in store for your film and for you?



CS: The future of myself and my film,  I'm not sure what the future of my film will be, it was my Degree Project at school.  So I guess the future of my film will be to graduate, and to remain the foundation of my animation career.  As for myself, I hope to continue making the best animations I can, and to create as much illustrations and art work that I can.

No comments: