Monday, January 25, 2010

Take 5 with "Drawing Lilly"



The 7th annual Oxford Film Festival is getting closer every day. Before we kick off another fun-packed festival, we thought we would take five with filmmakers and get to know them just a little better.


Noor Atarji's film, "Drawing Lilly," screens Saturday, Feb. 6 at 3 p.m.

OFF: In 10 words, describe your movie and why someone should see it.


NA: It's a story about art, love and a little girl, you should see it because it holds true to heart

OFF: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

NA: Biggest lesson is definitely do trust your friends. As for the best part in making this film, it was being able to expand artistically and showing people how much I have grown.

OFF: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

NA: I am an artist at heart. I paint, I draw, I love photography, and I have been making shorts for about six years now. I am self taught but to improve in my skills dealing with film I decided to attend the University of Southern Mississippi and got a degree in film.

OFF: What’s your dream distribution plan for the film?

NA: I just want people to see it, I want them to love it so much that they want to see the rest of the film. This short is actually part of larger project.

OFF: What’s the future hold in store for your film and for you?

NA: I will always be creating whether it's with film or not , I love being able to tell stories with pictures and hopefully people want to hear and see them.

No comments: