Friday, January 22, 2010

Take 5 with "La Luz Del Perdon"



The 7th annual Oxford Film Festival is getting closer every day. Before we kick off another fun-packed festival, we thought we would take five with filmmakers and get to know them just a little better.


Eileen Richardson, director of "La Luz Del Pardon," talks about her film that screens Saturday, Feb. 6 at 1 p.m. in the Experimental block. 


OFF: In 10 words, describe your movie and why someone should see it. 


ER: A healing process where visuals/ sound guide viewers through emotions.

OFF: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in


getting the film made? 



ER: The biggest lesson I learned was technical, how to go back to print with a 16mm film, while editing on a flatbed, hand processing film and cutting your own negative. A very difficult yet rewarding experience.

OFF: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background? 




ER: This is my first film. I recently graduated Emerson College in Boston with a BFA in Film.

OFF:  What’s your dream distribution plan for the film? 




ER: My dream is coming true! I simply want people to see it- globally and that is in the process of happening.

OFF: What’s the future hold in store for your film and for you? 




ER: More festivals, and more films. I am currently editing a film I shot while riding my bicycle across the country this summer. 

No comments: