Thursday, January 14, 2010

Take 5 with "Handmade Nation"

www.buyolympia.com


The 7th annual Oxford Film Festival is getting closer every day. Before we kick off another fun-packed festival, we thought we would take five with filmmakers and get to know them just a little better.






Faythe Levine shares with us a bit about her documentary "Handmade Nation" which screens Friday, Feb. 5 at 11:50 a.m. and Sunday, Feb. 7 at 5:20 p.m. 









OFF: In 10 words, describe your movie and why someone should see it.



FL: "Handmade Nation" is a film for those who are creative and like to make stuff as well as those who have creative people in there lives. It is inspiring and encouraging.

OFF: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

FL: I've met the most amazing people during production as well as while I've been touring with the film over the past year. Now that it's done, I get to move onto my next project.

OFF: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

FL: I have experience working in production as an art director and working on commercial sets, however, this is my time directing and my first feature film.

OFF: What’s your dream distribution plan for the film?

FL: "Handmade Nation" is offered through buyolympia.com, the company owners are featured in the documentary and have the same business ethics as I do, it's totally non-traditional and ideal for me.

OFF: What’s the future hold in store for your film and for you?

FL: "Handmade Nation" had it's world premiere in February 2009 and has had much more widespread success then I initially expected. I am looking forward to starting pre-production on my next documentary this spring on sign painters.

No comments: