Sunday, January 31, 2010

Getting to Know You with Misty "U2 Freak" Phillips




Without volunteers, a film festival would not have a chance at being successful. As we gear up for the 7th annual Oxford Film Festival, we thought we would welcome you to some of our film fest family, the volunteers that return every year and some new faces. Welcome Misty Phillips.

Q: Tell us a little about who you are?

A:  I am a townie of the villiage of Oxford - it turns out that I am a mom, a good cook, gardener, I love to ride horses and I am probably the biggest U2 fan anywhere near here.  I work at Oak Hill  Stables Bed and Breakfast and as of January 1, 2010 I am the official Event Planner and Director of Marketing for the business.  I love people and I love getting to know new friends! 


Q: How many years have you volunteered with the festival?


A:  This would be year 2 for me.


Q: What prompted you to get involved with the festival?


A: Originally I got involved because I finally had TIME to do something I wanted to do.  I love movies and celebrities - the opportunity to get to see something special or amazing really enticed me to get involved behind the scenes.  Now, the festival is something I really look forward to!


Q: In what areas of the festival do you volunteer?


A: PARTIES!


Q: Favorite experience or memory of previous festivals?


A: My favorite experience was meeting and speaking to Giancarlo Espisito - we have since become good friends and have spoken on the phone and emailed to stay in touch.


Q: What have been some of your favorite movies in previous festivals?


A: "Kabluey," "Sorry We're Open," "Gospel Hill"

No comments: