Sunday, January 24, 2010

Getting to Know You with Joanne Wilkinson


Without volunteers, a film festival would not have a chance at being successful. As we gear up for the 7th annual Oxford Film Festival, we thought we would welcome you to some of our film fest family, the volunteers that return every year and some new faces. Welcome Joanne Wilkinson.

Q: Tell us a little about who you are?

A: I'm a retired teacher, and I love to read and watch movies.

Q: How many years have you volunteered with the festival?

A: Three years

Q: What prompted you to get involved with the festival?

A: I have always wanted to go to a film festival just to see what it is like. So when I heard about the Film Festival in Oxford, I couldn't wait to be a part of it.

Q: In what areas of the festival do you volunteer?

A: I have volunteered as a ticket seller, an usher and have also assisted with obtaining sponsorship.

Q: Favorite experience or memory of previous festivals?

A: Meeting the producers, and seeing so many fabulous films in just three days

Q: What have been some of your favorite movies in previous festivals?

A: I liked so many of the films, but a few of my favorites were the film about Ron Shapiro and the Hoka restaurant, and "Kabluey."

No comments: