Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting to know you with Courtney Hall



Without volunteers, a film festival would not have a chance at being successful. As we gear up for the 7th annual Oxford Film Festival, we thought we would welcome you to some of our film fest family, the volunteers that return every year and some new faces. Welcome Courtney Hall.


Q: Tell us a little about who you are (retired, where you work, mom, good cook, etc)
A: I am a self employed single mom of teenage boys. (And yes, you should pity me!!!!!)  I seem to spend a lot more time doing jobs that don't pay me than jobs that do! It works out, but there won't be any exotic vacations in my future.  My free time is limited so I only pursue things I love and OFF is on that list. In fact, I think OFF is the best "boyfriend" I have ever had!

Q: How many years have you volunteered with the festival?
A: This is my very first year as a volunteer and will only be my second year to attend. I said I would "love to help" and suddenly found myself coordinating transportation. Actually, this is a good fit as most of my time is spent in a car taking someone somewhere! Now at least there may be adult conversation involved!!!!

Q: What prompted you to get involved with the festival?
A: I attended last year because a good friend, Johnny McPhail was involved in several films. By the end of the first night I was enamoured with independat films and made it my goal to see as many as possible over the next few days. I am not a very creative person but I am facinated with those who have that skill. While I still enjoy "Big Box Office", the films I remember are the independant productions.

Q: In what areas of the festival do you volunteer?
A: I will be coordianting transportation for the filmmakers from the time they land to the time they leave. I consider myself a "hostess" which is perfect as I do love to throw a good party!!!

Q: Favorite experience or memory of previous festivals?
A: "Ballast"  hooked me and "Prom Night in Mississippi" closed the deal!

Q: What have been some of your favorite movies in previous festivals?
A: See Above!!!

No comments: