Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Take 5 with ... "Zebraprint"

Michael Williams
As we gear up for the 10th anniversary Oxford Film Festival, we wanted to introduce you to the filmmakers and their films you will experience on Feb. 21-24, 2013. Meet Michael Williams, director of "Zebraprint" music video.

#1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it. 
Folks should see this music video so that they can see what a great and entertaining band Sipsy Fires is. 

#2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?
This short film came about very quickly and was shot very fast. The best part was that it was more of a matter of taking advantage of the scene and getting what you can by exploring what is happening naturally rather than staging everything. 

#3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?
I've been making my own films since 2005. I work on bigger projects as crew, but a passion of mine is visual story telling. I mostly make short films but am about to branch into features while continuing my career as a camera assistant, operators, and director of photography. I also hope to get the chance to direct more music videos.  

#4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?
I hope that it can be seen and enjoyed by as many folks as possible and that the band gets nice exposure from it.

#5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?
The film will continue to live online to help promote the band. As for me, I am finishing up a new short and about to go into production on my first feature. 

No comments: