Sunday, January 27, 2013

Take 5 with ... "Third Shift"

Glenn Payne
As we gear up for the 10th anniversary Oxford Film Festival on February 21-24, 2013, we want to give you a preview of the filmmakers and films you will experience this year.
Meet Glenn Payne, writer and director of "Third Shift."


#1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it.

"Third Shift" is the story of two women who are on the run. They are stuck in a diner with their pursuer. Their predicament is that they don't know who is after them. The film is shot in the style of Alfred Hitchcock's film, "Rope," which means that the entire film plays out as if it were one solid take.

#2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

We wanted to shoot the film to look like one continuous take. In the end it was very successful, but the process we had to go through was quite tough. It required extreme focus from the entire cast and crew. We all had to sacrifice to make it happen, but in the end we came away with a beautiful 33 minute camera movement.

#3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

I have been creating films for around 7 years now. I have an Art degree from MSU. That solid compositional foundation has served me well. Since then I've been self taught through my own research. I have made around 18 films and I continue to cherish the memories, successes, failures, and lessons learned from each and every project.

#4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?

Given that "Third Shift" is a short film it won't be getting distribution. I'll definitely be including it on future DVDs for feature films as an extra bonus. In the meantime, the film serves as a victory for the extreme hard work and dedication to the wonderful cast and crew I was blessed to work with.

#5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?

We are excited about a nice festival run for the film. As is tours the circuit I gear up for my new film, "Earthrise." As always, "Third Shift" and my previous films, will serve as invaluable lessons for future projects. We learn by doing, so I like to stay busy. I hope you enjoy the film. God Bless!

No comments: