Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Take 5 with ... "Mother Never Held Me"


Jason Thornton
As we gear up for the 10th anniversary Oxford Film Festival, we wanted to introduce you to the filmmakers and their films you will experience on Feb. 21-24, 2013. Meet Jason Thornton, writer and producer of "Mother Never Held Me," a music video for Wolf Ruffin.

#1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it.
A hilarious stop motion animation music video that tells the story of a relationship between a son and his mother who never held him b/c she didn't have any arms.

#2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?
It was harder to complete than I originally thought, but I enjoyed every minute of the process. Biggest lesson learned was that I do not have the proper equipment i.e. camera and lighting. However, I believe that the way it was shot was perfect. Rough around the edges is a perfect fit for anything associated with Wolf Ruffin.

#3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?
I have mostly done YouTube video's with a number of different comedic themes. I enjoy putting a different twist on music video's - I try to be overly creative to make up for my lack of budget.

#4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?
Since I submitted a music video my main plan is to draw attention to Wolf Ruffin music and use this opportunity to springboard into making short films.

#5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?
Who Knows? I believe this is just the beginning of what lies ahead. I may run for President.

No comments: