Sunday, February 03, 2013

Take 5 with ... "DVD Blues Or Thad Calls Barton About Renaldo and Clara"

As we gear up for the 10th anniversary Oxford Film Festival, we wanted to introduce you to the filmmakers and their films you will experience on Feb. 21-24, 2013. Meet Thad Lee, cameraman of "DVD Blues Or Thad Calls Barton About Renaldo and Clara"

#1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it. 
I once called Barton about tracking me down a copy of Bob Dylan's Renaldo and Clara. He did, but the DVD player wouldn't accept it. Yes, this film is based on a true story, and that is why you should see it.  

#2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?  
Keep it simple. This was the third version of this story I attempted to make with Barton and others, but the other scripts were too ambitious, would have taken too much time and energy to complete, and wouldn't have been as good.

#3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?  
 This is the 3rd time I've directed Barton on screen. Need I say more?

#4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?  
Vimeo, or if we're lucky, youtube. 

#5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?
I see Bob Dylan buying the rights to this, so he can burn the print. And that would make me want to go out and get drunk. So I probably would. 

No comments: