Friday, January 25, 2013

Take 5 with ... "Notes on a Revolution"

Louis B
As we gear up for the 10th anniversary Oxford Film Festival, we wanted to introduce you to the filmmakers and their films you will experience on Feb. 21-24, 2013. Meet Louis Bourgeois, director/producer/writer of "Notes on a Revolution."

#1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it.
The movie explores the basic concepts of revolt with the use of found footage and the philosophical fragment. The movie should be watched because it entertains but also teaches.   

#2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?
What I learned was that the technical end of getting a movie done is more important than the concept. The best part of getting the movie done was bringing the two together in less than four minutes of film.

#3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

I am a writer by trade, but an avant-garde film maker at heart. Notes on the Revolution is the first film I've made on my own.

There's also a "music video" version of Notes with a soundtrack by producer Dennis Herring that will also be shown this year at the festival. I was very fortunate to have Dennis, who's worked with some of the greatest musicians in the world, take such an interest in my film.

#4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?

I would like for it to be picked up by anyone who could it have it played in avant-garde venues through-out the world.

#5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?
I do think the silent version of this film and the music version have much to offer to the world of the progressive arts. To that end, I hope the film has an important impact on the artistic community. I plan to go on and make more films like this and short documentaries. The short film is where it's at for me. 

No comments: