Friday, January 13, 2012

Take 5 with "Expiration Date"

Felicity Flesher
As we gear up for the Oxford Film Festival 2012 to be held at the Malco Studio Theater on Feb. 9-12, 2012 and also at the Lyric Theater on Saturday, Feb. 11 as part of the Oxford Music Festival line-up where we will show music films, videos and a panel on music + film, we thought we might introduce you to some of the people behind the movies we can't wait to show you. For the full schedule and description of the films, visit www.oxfordfilmfest.com.

Meet Take 5 filmmaker, Felicity Flesher, director, writer, editor and DP of “Expiration Date.”

Q. 1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it.

A: One cup of ramen noodles wreaks havoc on one student's life. 

Q. 2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

A: This film was a culmination of my summer internship with University of Mississippi Media and Documentary Projects. The best part about it was actually producing something on my own by the end, but I learned that every part of doing so from pre- to post-production is one Everest after another to clamber.


Q. 3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

A: I am 18 years old, a native of Oxford, MS, and currently a sophomore at Carleton College in Northfield, MN where I plan to be a Cinema and Media Studies major. Expiration Date is my premiere short film although it is merely the beginning of my career as I continue to learn, watch, and create.


Q. 4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?

A: Just getting into the Oxford Film Festival was a dream for my first film.

Q. 5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?

A: I hope to break into the film industry somewhere, somehow, with this film as my first stepping stone in the process. Hopefully I can effectively represent Oxford and Mississippi and its burgeoning film community




No comments: