Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Take 5 with "The Road Less Traveled"

Jake Wood, musician

As we gear up for the Oxford Film Festival 2012 to be held at the Malco Studio Theater on Feb. 9-12, 2012 and also at the Lyric Theater on Saturday, Feb. 11 as part of the Oxford Music Festival line-up where we will show music films, videos and a panel on music + film, we thought we might introduce you to some of the people behind the movies we can't wait to show you. For the full schedule and description of the films, visit www.oxfordfilmfest.com.

Meet Take 5 filmmaker, Jake Wood, performer in the music video “The Road Less Traveled.”


Q. 1: In 140 characters or less, describe your movie and why someone should see it.

A: The music video for my song "The Road Less Traveled" is a positive, uplifting, and encouraging work of art.

Q. 2: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

A: The biggest lesson I learned in getting the film made was to always be prepared and focused when filming. The best part in getting the film made, to me, is having the satisfaction of helping to create an awesome image for an awesome song.

Q. 3: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

A: I am a 25 year old full-time college student and I am also a musician/singer-songwriter. I have been writing my own original songs since I was about 17 or 18. In September of 2011, I released my debut album, "Live Life" ("The Road Less Traveled" is on the album). I do have some movie/acting background. I had a brief role in "It Came From Beyond Beyond" (directed by: Daniel Lee) and I also was an extra in Rob Zombie's "Halloween 2".

Q. 4: What's your dream distribution plan for the film?

A: I would love for as many people to see the music video as possible. I hope the song and video inspire and encourage people. It would be great if a network such as MTV or VH1 would play the video.

Q. 5: What does the future hold in store for your film and for you?

A: I would love to see the video gain a large level of recognition and attention. I would love to make more music videos for my songs in the future. I hope to continue creating music for many years to come. I would love to eventually sign a record deal and tour in the US and all over the world.

No comments: