Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Take 5 with "Room 327"

The 7th annual Oxford Film Festival is getting closer every day. Before we kick off another fun-packed festival, we thought we would take five with filmmakers and get to know them just a little better.

Glenn Payne (pictured on the right with Daniel Lee), a native of Tupelo, Miss and University of Mississippi master of fine arts graduate student is making his first appearanee in the Oxford Film Festival.

His film, "Room 327" plays on Saturday, Feb. 6 at  5 p.m. with Mississippi Narrative Shorts Block #2. 

OFF: In 10 words, describe your movie and why someone should see it.

GP: It's a Hitchcock style thriller you will love forever!

OFF: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

GP: I learned quite a bit about voice manipulation during this film. Most of the film there is a character talking over the phone or from behind a door. The best part of making the film was definitely seeing the finished black and white product in the end. There are always things you wish you would have done differently but I was very pleased.

OFF: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

GP: I am a painter and a filmmaker. I have been teaching myself the ropes of cinema for about 4 years now. DVD commentaries are the second best tool I have found other than the actual act of going out there and creating movies.

OFF:  What’s your dream distribution plan for the film?

GP: Given that this is a short film I hope it will catch a few glances at least. They are good learning tools that I like to use to try things out before I apply them to feature films.

OFF: What’s the future hold in store for your film and for you?

GP: This film will be a memorable part of my journey as a professional filmmaker and as a person.

No comments: