Saturday, January 16, 2010

Take 5 With "The Big Hang-Up"



The 7th annual Oxford Film Festival is getting closer every day. Before we kick off another fun-packed festival, we thought we would take five with filmmakers and get to know them just a little better.

Richard Ward, Mississippi filmmaker, will be on hand to answer questions during the screening of his film, "The Big Hang Up," on Saturday, Feb. 6 at 3 p.m.

OFF: In 10 words, describe your movie and why someone should see it.

RW: Public Service: Cell-phone addiction may be hazardous to your health.

OFF: Biggest lesson learned in getting the film made? Best part in getting the film made?

RW:  We learned something very shocking: it is actually possible to shoot a film WITHOUT having any cast, crew or equipment breakdowns. This was a happy, trouble-free shoot for the cast and crew alike.

OFF: Tell us about you. What is your movie making background?

RW:  I began making short films in 1964 at the age of 11. I'm still at it, hoping one day I might get it right.

OFF: What’s your dream distribution plan for the film?

RW: This is a very short film, running just under 5 minutes. If I were to dream big, I could hope that it might be shown theatrically before features as a "please turn your cell phone off" short.

OFF: What’s the future hold in store for your film and for you?

RW: For my film, hopefully more festival screenings. I'm really looking forward to the Oxford Festival. As for me, more short films.

No comments: