Monday, January 18, 2010

Getting to know you with Kristin Rogers



Without volunteers, a film festival would not have a chance at being successful. As we gear up for the 7th annual Oxford Film Festival, we thought we would welcome you to some of our film fest family, the volunteers that return every year and some new faces. Welcome Kristin Rogers.

Q: Tell us a little about who you are (retired, where you work, mom, good cook, etc)

A: I am a librarian at the University of Mississippi. I enjoy watching movies, sewing, scrapbooking, and reading.

Q: How many years have you volunteered with the festival?

A: This will be my 3rd year volunteering with the OFF

Q: What prompted you to get involved with the festival?

A: I work with Michelle Emanuel, one of the co-directors, who got me interested and involved

Q: In what areas of the festival do you volunteer?

A: The ticket and merchandise tables, and driving presenters/movie makers around

Q: Favorite experience or memory of previous festivals?

A: My favorite experience was the van rides to and from the square with various presenters, movie makers, and critics

Q: What have been some of your favorite movies in previous festivals?

A: I really enjoyed Darius Goes West 2 years ago.

No comments: