Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hey, I wanted to see [insert film title], but missed it. Can I borrow it from you? or Can I get a copy for my collection?


Short answer: No, I'm sorry, but you can't.

Long answer: No, I'm sorry, you can't because we have to mail many of the films to their next festival (for example, the Animation Show), and/or the filmmaker has specified to us that his/her film not be distributed outside of the festival, or the only copy of the film we had was on 35mm, and what would you have done with that?

So what do you do if you want a copy of one of the films we screened last weekend? Contact the filmmaker directly, or visit the film's website to see if there is any distribution news.

But as much as we are thrilled that you liked our selection, there's really nothing we can do.

No comments: